up to £35,000 per annum
We’re looking for an ambitious Test Engineer to join our Tech Team based at our spacious modern offices at Lakeside House, Northampton.
Behind everything we do, is a focus on using technology to help clients rise to their challenges and get more for less – driving down costs while also improving services and performance and making life easier for all. This core purpose has led to continuous in-house innovation and the development of a wide range of products and services, many of them industry firsts.
Who we are
We’re a smart technology and software solution specialist. We work with public and private sector clients, helping them make travel easier and cheaper for passengers, improve operational efficiency and service quality, build customer loyalty and profitable growth and address specific challenges through programmes that reward citizens, customers or employees for getting active, learning and volunteering.
What you’ll do
Working on a variety of web based products, you will be responsible for managing testing for the full software cycle.
You will use your expert skills to ensure our software is of the highest quality and provides our clients with the security that we are providing the best software solution for their business. You will create and execute clear and comprehensive test plans to ensure a product that is best in its class.
If you are an experienced Test Analyst who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast moving environment, then we are looking for you!
- You will need practical experience of different testing techniques to produce effective test cases and have a full understanding of different testing procedures in order to deploy the most appropriate.
- You’ll need to have the ability to view products from a user’s perspective and have practical experience of the software design process. You’ll need to be meticulous and detailed in your approach and be able to work effectively to meet project deadlines.
- A degree or equivalent in an IT related subject would be an advantage as would an ISEB qualification. You will also need experience of using Java and Selenium for automation testing as you’ll be writing Java code to create and maintain automated tests.
- You’ll need to be highly emotionally intelligent and know how to get the best from everyone in order to deliver results and you will be able to demonstrate our key behaviours – we are expert, we collaborate, we are ambitious, we make things happen and we are fun!
- You’ll also act as a mentor and guide for less experienced members of the team. Strong communication skills, superb problem solving abilities and a keen eye for detail are what we are looking for in our ideal candidate for this great opportunity.
What you’ll get
We are offering a competitive salary, attractive benefits and the opportunity to work alongside a great team. We’ll make sure you feel valued for your contribution, reward you, and incentivise you to grow with Novacroft:
- A competitive salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Private healthcare
- Access to our bespoke high street retailer discount and peer to peer recognition platform, Supernova
- EAP scheme
- 23 days holiday, rising a day each year of service up to 28 days
- Your birthday off
- Family friendly benefits
- A great working environment in spacious modern offices with free parking
- To be part of a uniquely people-focused business and a supportive, sociable team.
Applications for this role should be made by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org